Oh my! Not a moment too soon! We moved our chrysalides into our Butterfly Pavillion and the next day we had our very first butterfly!
The instructions suggest a few different ways to feed the butterflies. One way is to make a sugar water solution and spritz or use the dropper included in the kit to spread the solution onto fresh cut flowers. We are using another suggested method for feeding, freshly cut orange slices.
While I was writing this, I took a moment to check on the butterflies. I found more have emerged from their chrysalides. I was able to get a picture of one just after emerging. It is the butterfly pictured on the right that seems a bit wadded up. Early this morning we had only three of our ten butterflies. Right now, we have eight emerged butterflies!